Menu

Eggs no longer affects cholesterol? New study reveals

Eggs no longer affects cholesterol? New study reveals

Dietary cholesterol is the lipoprotein that is produced from the food we consume. Eggs consist of dietary cholesterol. Consuming up to two eggs per day or high dietary cholesterol does not increase the risk of stroke. There is no relation between dietary cholesterol or egg intake with the risk of stroke.

 

Some studies suggest that consumption of high dietary cholesterol intake can increase the risk of stroke, while others are of the opinion that consumption of eggs, which are high in cholesterol can reduce the risk of stroke

 

In the highest control group, the participants had an average dietary consumption of cholesterol of 520 mg and they consume on an average only one egg per day. One single egg contains 200 mg of cholesterol.

 

Benefits of eggs:

 

Calling eggs “superfood” is not an exaggeration. They are loaded with proteins and nutrients which are rare in the modern diet. 

 

1.Incredibly nutritious:

The egg is full of nutrition. A single large boiled egg contains the following nutrients:

 

  • Vitamin A: 6% of RDA
  • Vitamin B5: 7% of RDA
  • Folate: 5% of RDA
  • Vitamin B12: 9% of RDA
  • Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA
  • Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
  • Selenium: 22% of the RDA

 

Egg contains Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, zinc and calcium. It comes with 6 grams of protein, 77 calories, and 5 grams of healthy fats. Eggs contain a few vitamins and proteins. It is a perfect food that contains a high amount of protein. Omega-3 enriched eggs are even better, as they contain a higher amount of omega-3 fat. It also contains Vitamin A.

 

2.High in cholesterol:

A single egg contains 212 mg, which is almost half of the daily intake of 300 mg. Consumption of cholesterol in a diet doesn’t really raise the cholesterol in the blood. The human liver produces a large amount of cholesterol every day. However, the consumption of eggs helps in producing less cholesterol in our body. Dietary cholesterol replaces the serum cholesterol( the bad cholesterol that the body produces). Eating eggs varies from person to person: In almost 70% of the people, eggs don’t raise cholesterol at all. In the other 30% of the people, it might raise in a low quantity.

 

3.Raise HDL cholesterol:

High-density lipoprotein is known as “good” cholesterol. People who have a higher level of HDL have a lower risk of heart disease and strokes. Eating 2 eggs per day, for one week increases HDL level by 10 %.

 

4.Reduced risk of heart disease:

LDL is known as bad cholesterol. The risk of heart attack increases if the LDL level is high.

 

5.High in quality protein with all amino acids:

Proteins are pivotal for the human body, as they are the main building blocks. A single egg contains almost 6 grams of protein. Egg also contains an amino acid that is in the right ratios. Eating the proper amount of protein will help to reduce fat, increase muscle mass and also helps in reducing the blood pressure.

 

FIVE HIGH-CALORIE FOODS

Related Posts