- Markets Today
- Market Vista
- Equity Probe
- Equityright Blog
- Equity Edge
ATM skimming may not only affect the banks but it may also affect each and every person who has a bank account. It is mandatory for all to be aware of the problems and find ways to prevent that problem. Here are a few tips to help us out:
1. Whenever you use an ATM ensure that it has a lot of securities like the security cameras and are in a plain view.
2. Cover the keypad when entering the PIN so that unfriendly cameras may not catch the pin.
3. Inspect the ATM, credit card reader or the gas pump before using it and if you notice scratches or tapes residue. Some have started putting tamper-evident stickers on credit card readers.]
4. Beware at tourist places as they are a popular place for the skimmers.
5. Sometimes it may happen that after your transaction is completed and your card is not returned back then inform the banks or your financial institution immediately.
6. Avoid visiting the ATM which is isolated. Visit a high traffic ATM to avoid scams.
7. Use ATM teller to withdraw money rather than inserting the card into the ATM slot.